BE-EDGE Related Speaking
- 2019. Workshop.
Using the BE-EDGE Method to Increase Students Employability. Association for Continuing Higher Education, Denver, CO
- 2019. Keynote speaker.
Make your CASE to shape your SPACE. Western Casewriter Association (WCA), Napa Valley, California
- 2019. Workshop.
Crafting Students’ EDGE for Todays’ Job Market. University of Alaska Southeast (UAS), Juneau, Alaska
- 2019. Speaker.
Students as Career Designers. Teaching for the “Make Your CASE to Shape Your SPACE” Crafted Employability. Speech for the Teaching Innovation Award Ceremony. D’Amore –McKim School of Business (DMSB). Northeastern University
- 2018. Workshop
Case Writing as Career Coaching Instrument. New View Series. North America Case Research Association. Chicago.
- 2017. Workshop
Emergent Strategy and Employability as Topics for Research and Practice. Institute for Privatization and Management, Minsk, Belarus
- 2016. Keynote Speaker.
Fourth Annual Problem-Solving and Consulting Case-Writing Competition. Award Ceremony and Judges’ Appreciation. Alumni Center, Northeastern University, Boston.
- 2016. Speaker
Social Capital in a Low-Trust Context. Academy of Management Annual Meeting. Philadelphia
- 2015. Workshop.
Students as Independent Consultants. Workshop for Faculty and Administrators: Academy of Management, Management Consulting Division, Philadelphia
- 2015. Workshop
Successes and Challenges in Creating Real-life Consultancy Opportunities for Students. Conference for Advancing Evidence-Based Teaching, Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning through Research (CATLR), Boston.
- 2014. Workshop.
Experiences in launching and managing student consultancy projects. Lancaster University, Institute for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development, United Kingdom.
- 2014. Workshop.
Bridging Learning with Real-Life Challenges through Student-Made Consulting Cases. College of Professional Studies Faculty Conference
- 2014. Speaker
Relationship Strategies in a Low-trust Environment. College of Professional Studies Faculty Conference.
- 2013. Workshop.
Writing across curriculum. MS in Leadership, Faculty Development Workshop, Northeastern University.
- 2012. Keynote Speaker.
Freeride Management: Own Your Way, L2G Institute of Management & Resultat Group, Minsk, Belarus.
- 2011. Workshop.
Action Management, International Institute of Business, Kiev, Ukraine
- 2010. Workshop.
Using information and communication technologies in the remote and traditional classrooms. Workshop, 2010 Academy of Management, Montreal, Canada.
If you are interested in speaking arrangements or workshop arangements, please
Other Research & Practice-Related Speaking
- Contextualizing the role of networking in driving innovation. Management and Organization Review Second Research Frontiers Conference III. Rotterdam, Netherlands, 2017.
- Making a mark: Relationships for establishing a business presence in post-authoritarian emerging markets. Academy of Management Annual Meeting. Vancouver, 2015
- Social capital and venture development in a low-trust environment. Academy of Management Annual Meeting. Philadelphia, 2014
- Keynote Speaker: New Trends in Strategy Research. International Institute of Business, Kiev. 2012.
- A role of social capital and donor commitment in a geographically isolated community. 2009 Academy of Management, Chicago, 2009.
- Social capital of SMEs in a low-trust society. 2009 Academy of Management, Chicago, August 10.
Danger of Growth. NACRA 2008 Conference, Durham, NH, 2008.
- A state-controlled economy vs., a rent-seeking state: Why entrepreneurs would support state officials? Speaking at the Western Academy of Management, 49th Annual Meeting, March 26-March 29, 2008. Oakland, California.
- A case study of business education in the context of the state-controlled economy. Speaking at the Global Conference on Business and Finance (GCBF). Honolulu, HI, Jan 4 – 7, 2008.
- Personal choices of a public manager in a time of uncertainty. Speaking at the International Academy of Business Disciplines Conference, March 30, 2007, Orlando, FL.
- On-line business education for undergraduate and graduate business programs: similarities and differences. International institute of Business, Kiev, Ukraine, 2007.
- Small business development in post-Soviet Belarus: Struggling for business competencies. Speaking at the International Academy of Business Disciplines Conference, March 30, 2007, Orlando, FL.
- Developing social capital in a small city of Alaska. Speaking at the 6th Qualitative and Multiple Research Methods Institute, Arizona State University, January 8, 2007
- The motivation of managerial choices in a transition economy. Speaking at the Western Academy of Management 47th Annual Meeting. March 31, 2006. Long Beach, CA.
- Can this business be rescued? Speaking at the Western Casewriters Association. March 30, 2006. Long Beach, CA.
- Distance education for business people: opportunities and problems. Speaking at The 1st International Conference of Continuing and Executive Business Education, Minsk, Belarus, May 2006.
- Middle managers of post-Soviet enterprises: How they implement their decisions. Speaking at the Association for Global Business Annual Conference. Nov 18, 2005. Miami, FL.
- Managers of state enterprises and private businesses in post-Soviet Belarus: their motives in decision-making. Speaking at the International Academy of Business and Public Disciplines. Jan 5, 2005. New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Experiences in selecting the new generation of managers in Eastern Slavic countries. Speaking at the Western Academy of Management, 46th Annual Meeting, March 2005. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Teaching capitalism in a country that recovers socialism. Speaking at the 2005 Hawaii International Conference on Business. May 26-29, 2005.
- Ethics in unethical environments or absence of ethics? Speaking at the World Association for Case Method Research & Application. Twenty-Second International Conference, July 3 – 6. 2005. Brno, Czech Republic.
- Analyzing the time management of executives in a post-Soviet area (Belarus). Speaking at The Case Association. March 30, 2004, Providence, RI.
- Entrepreneurial activities in an unfriendly environment. Speaking at the Eastern Academy of Management 41st Annual Meeting, March 29, 2004.
- Problems of management in a fast growing international company in Eastern and Central Europe. Speaking at the 2004 NEBAA International Conference Proceedings, April, 2004.
- Social Capital of People, Groups, and Organizations, Keynote Speaker, 6th Annual Evening at Egan, Lecture series for the community, Juneau, AK, Oct 2005.
- Creating, Promoting, and Implementing Customized Programs, Speaker, International Conference on Executive Business Education, Alushta, Ukraine, Aug 2002.
- Strategic Human Recourse Management of Customer-Driven Organizations. Workshop, Barcelona, Spain, July 2001.
- Women’s role in changing environment, League of Women Voters International Night. Speaker, New Britain, CT, USA, Feb 2000.