BCC: Becoming a Case Consultant
(Fundamental Course on Case Consulting)
WHAT YOU LEARN:
- How to connect your education, skills, and interest with the case you work on.
- How to collect data for a real-life case, and how to present this data in a mini-case.
- How to apply your knowledge for solving a case.
- How to communicate your solution to the client.
- How to prepare a Case Brief for your professional portfolio.
CASE CONSULTING SKILLS YOU GAIN:
- Converting a client problem into a case challenge to work on
- Data collection and case writing
- Problem-solving that proves your credibility
- Communicating clearly and empathetically
- Organization and time management
THIS COURSE IS BEST FOR:
- Students and recent graduates, willing to have real-life portfolio and experience
- Career changers, interested in making impact and exploring new options,
- Foreigners and immigrants who want to have US-based experience and portfolio.
- People that love solving real-life challenges and making an impact.
- Start and end time:
- This is a self-paced course: take it at a time and place convenient for you.
- You can start your case immediately after registration
- Each case will be available to you for a month.
- Course duration:
- 2-10 hours per consulting case, depending on your style.
Meet your instructor, Kelsey!
Kelsey yearned for career growth. That’s when she discovered our “Becoming a Case Consultant” course, which, through practical challenges, honed her problem-solving skills and client engagement. Now, Kelsey has not only transformed her career but also unlocked the potential to help others do the same.
“Becoming a Case Consultant” course provides the fundamentals to becoming a proficient case consultant. Through a blend of engaging real-world case studies and hands-on assignments, you will develop the essential skills needed to excel in this dynamic field. You’ll gain practical knowledge that can be applied immediately in the consulting arena.
The BCC course is a part of the “Crafting Your Edge” division of BE-EDGE Ecosystem, where participants are welcomed to join edge-crafters community.
The course follows four E-D-G-E steps, each of which includes an introductory video, and easy-to-follow instructions, self-check questions, examples, and case consulting practicums. The result of the course is your investment in your BE – boutique employability — of clear focus, trustful connection, portfolio of generated value, and exciting message to potential clients and employers.
Elucidate your core:
- Define your area of focus and expertise.
- Identify your strengths and interests.
- Craft and structure your consulting case.
- Establish credibility and rapport with the client.
Generate value – Analyzing & Solving the Case:
- Analyze the case problem thoroughly.
- Generate insights and potential solutions.
- Present a well-structured and strategic solution.
Excite the market – Your Edge:
- Showcase your unique value proposition.
- Highlight what sets you apart as a consultant.
- Engage and attract clients through your distinct edge.
This module focuses on connecting your skillsets with the case, keeping the case challenge in mind, and to explain to yourself and the industry players how this case demonstrates your skillset and to make the case a part of your portfolio.
It helps you answer the following:
- Why am I doing this case?
- What is here for me?
- How does this case relate to my professional core?
This module focuses on thoroughly understanding the founder’s vision, goals, and values for the company. Find out what the company already did in the effort to solve this challenge. Show genuine interest in their aspirations and demonstrate that you are aligned with their objectives.
It helps you perform the following:
- Define Research Objectives
- Identify Data Sources
- Collect Industry and Local Market Data
This module focuses on analyzing critical data and formulating strategic insights. This skill set equips you to approach complex business challenges with precision, enabling you to deliver well-informed recommendations and solutions that drive value for clients.
It helps you execute the following:
- Analyze the Case
- Create a Structured Recommendation
This module focuses on building your portfolio, reaching out to clients, and presenting your irresistible expertise to them.
It helps you do the following:
- Create a case brief for your portfolio
- Write emails and post about your consulting case
- Pitch your idea
Opportunities as you navigate your case consulting journey
Get real-world experience solving actual client problems in our fundamental case consulting course.
“E”: This Case as Your Stepping Stone Towards Elucidating Your Core
“D”: Develop trust – Connecting with the Case
“G”: Generate value- Analyzing & Solving the Case
“E”: Excite the market – Your Message
Taking BCC qualifies you to join “A case of the month” community; a community of case consultants – all working on the same case.
Invitation to a Q&A session with a mentor for the case of the month
Your submission will be invited for a competition, only if you want it.
Feedback from experts in the field: each submitted solution will receive feedback from
Meeting a client: The authors of strongest solutions will have a chance to meet the client.
Real client projects offer students valuable hands-on experience and practical challenges.
We have a line of different consulting cases. You can select several relevant for you – to polish your skills and build a portfolio.
BCC: Becoming a Case Consultant opens the door to BE-EDGE Consult-a-thon and BE-EDGE Ecosystem of projects and events.
The Cases You Consult
- All cases are real, US-based organizations with social missions.
- They vary in size and type of ownership:
- from small businesses to large government agencies,
- from C2C marketplaces to organic farms and volunteer-based global NGOs
- The challenges vary in nature:
- from digital marketing campaign to portfolio reconfiguration,
- from approaching Gen Z to entering a new market,
- from efficiency of operation to product design and user-friendly repackaging
CASE AUTHORS & COACHES
The course is based on the BE-EDGE Method, developed by Julia Ivy, Ph.D. Psych, Ph.D. Mgmt , which helps develop skills and boost confidence to those who are brave to enter a new professional territory.
The instructions and videos of the BCC: Becoming a Case Consultant course are developed by Dr. Julia ivy’s former master students, who are driven with the idea of helping others in their “entering a new territory” journey.
Kelsey (Kexin) is the management director of BeEDGE club. Her story with BE-EDGE starts from a course with Dr. Julia Ivy. Perusing in further education in U.S, at NorthEastern University, from another country is both exciting and intimidating, and the strategy course, BE-EDGE method, and Dr. Julia Ivy helped her position herself in the new market.
Student Reviews on BCC: Becoming a Case Consultant Course
What I like about the course is it’s easy to take and perfect for everyone whether you are in marketing or not.
After taking the course, I’ve learned to bring not just my skills but also my passion and experience.
I’ve learned how to use data to make better decisions for marketing and customize strategies for each client.
Introductory Pricing (only for 2023)
BCC: Becoming a Case Consultant Course
- Fundamental Case Consulting Course Content
- A real-client and challenges to work on
- Certificate of Completion